Monday, November 18, 2013

An End of an Era

header

ScrapMatters, my scrapbooking home for the last three years is closing its doors December 2.  This store was the HEART, literally and figuratively, of the digi world. What a loss. It was such a warm and inviting digi home.  This store gave me the chance to perfect my scrapping skills and it was a place where I made so many friends all over the world.  I’m happy to see that their awesome designers are finding homes at other great stores.  I wish them well.

I posted this at the site a couple of weeks ago after I heard of the closing:

If I were walking down the street…

….and came upon you I would probably smile, or nod. That’s what the friendly folks from Iowa do. But I would walk on since you are a stranger.

On the other hand, while perusing galleries all over “Digiland” and I see a layout with Lisa’s daughter, Jenn’s husband, Emmy and her boyfriend, Roxanna’s son, Stefanie’s daughter, and many others, I feel like I am seeing friends and family. I stop and take a peek at their layouts. So, even though we are moving on, I sure hope to stumble upon my friends as I travel through the digital world.

so_logo

On to the good news.  ScrapOrchard has “hired” me as a Honeybee, a member of their creative team.  Three of my designers are already there – Chelle’s Creations, Little Green Frog Designs, and Forever Joy, so the store is not completely new for me.  I look forward to working for ScrapOrchard and the slate of talented designers who sell their products at that store.

No comments:

Post a Comment